Healthy Hair, Happy You! Home remedies for Hairfall
Apr 06, 2023
Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!
Didn't we always dream of having long, luscious, and voluminous hair like Rapunzel's? Our hair can be a source of great strength while hiding some of our biggest insecurities.
Women certainly have a very intense relationship with their hair. Indeed everyone agrees that hair isn’t only a part of our body, but a feeling.
Weak and damaged hair can take on many forms and is often noticeable to others. That said, damaged hair can be a detriment to our fashion sense and self-image. In some cases, it can even indicate a medical concern. Hair thinning and balding are nightmares that we are afraid of. Hair Fall control is the best option to ensure that things don’t go out of hands.
Various causes of hair fall:
- Air pollution is the major cause of hair fall in major cities as the pollution forms al thick blanket and becomes difficult for hair follicles to breathe.
- In many families, hair thinning and baldness can be genetic problems that can flow from generation to generation.
- Stress plays a significant role in hair loss, as disturbed sleep patterns and improper diets lead to anxiety and hair fall.
- Inconsistent use of vitamins and minerals can cause hair fall too.
- Hormonal imbalance during pregnancy, menopause, and entering puberty can cause hair fall.
- Diseases like cancer, arthritis, thyroid, and heart problems can cause hair fall.
- Medications such as birth control pills, antidepressants, and some prenatal medications can cause hair fall.
Here are a few of home remedies for Hairfall:
Regular Coconut Oil Champi:
Every grandmother’s solution to hair-related problems is a good hair massage with coconut oil. It helps blood circulation to the scalp by pumping nutrients to the roots, thus reducing hair loss. If you are experiencing a significant hair loss of more than 100 strands per day, make it a practice to get regular coconut oil champis. Champi is nothing but a hot oil treatment that not only helps to pump nutrients but also soften and supple the hair.
You can also add ghee to it, warm it up, massage your hair with it, and let it stay for at least two hours. You can also leave it overnight for softer and shiny hair. You can always ask your grandmothers and mother for hair fall control tips.
Amla Hair Mask:
Amla has been a part of age-old remedies for gorgeous hair and fantastic health. It's a superfood for hair; it increases blood circulation and strengthens hair fibers. Amla is rich in many nutrients, with vitamin C and tannins being prominent.
Amla offers many benefits, and an amla hair mask has been a go-to remedy for fixing hair since ancient times. This is the solution if you want a shiny and luscious mane that exudes health. With no chemicals, an amla hair mask offers the goodness of nature that nourishes and heals your hair like nothing else.
Blending amla with curry leaves and little water and applying this paste to hair for an hour will do great wonders.
Methi Seeds Hair Mask:
Methi seeds or fenugreek seeds have been a powerful age-old home remedy for hair fall control as methi seeds have high protein content that helps nourish and bounce back in the hair. It also eradicates dandruff from the hair.
Soak two spoonfuls of methi seeds in water overnight and blend them with a portion of fresh coconut; apply this mask for an hour and wash it off using shampoo. This will make your hair lustrous.
Green Tea Hair Cleanser:
Green tea is a fantastic source of antioxidants. It is not only for weight loss but also helps nourish dry hair, promotes hair growth, and slowly prevents hair fall.
Add three spoonfuls of green tea in a liter of boiling water and let it simmer for 15 mins; once cooled down, transfer it into a spray bottle, spray on hair and scalp, and wash it off after 15 mins with a mild shampoo.
Aloe Vera Hair Mask:
Aloe Vera is known for its power-packed properties to treat dandruff, cool the scalp, and reduce hair fall. It soothes the scalp and frees the hair follicles from excessive oil secretion blockages.
You can freshly pluck aloe vera from the plant and open it up horizontally and rub it against the scalp or blend its pulp and apply it to the hair and scalp. Wash it off after an hour.
Beer is rich in Vitamin B, which helps keep your hair strong and shiny. At the same time, the protein found in malt can repair your damaged hair.
Use flat (de-carbonated) beer for washing your hair. You can simply open a bottle and let the beer sit overnight to let the fizz out. Rinse your hair with shampoo first, apply the beer to your hair, let it condition for 15 mins, and then wash it off. So if your hair is frizzy and lacks shine, you only need a bottle of flat beer.
Onion juice is rich in Sulphur, which prevents breakage and hair thinning. It is also essential for hair regrowth and prevents premature hair graying as it is full of antioxidants.
Onion juice is a potential solution to fungal infections such as dandruff. Peel and chop three or four onions, blend them with water, squeeze out the water, massage the water into the scalp for an hour, and wash it off using a mild shampoo.
The vitamin B7 is also known as Biotin. It is present in foods like eggs, milk, and bananas. A deficiency in Biotin can cause hair thinning and rashes on the face.
Biotin is a crucial part of enzymes in the body to break down substances like fats and carbohydrates. A deficiency in Biotin can lead to brittle nails, rough textured skin, and hair fall.
Taking biotin supplements can help greatly in hair fall control and also to regrow hair. There are many types of Biotin supplements available in the form of Biotin gummies that can be eaten everyday to control hair fall.
Food to stop hair fall:
- Eggs are a great source of biotin and protein, both are essential for hair growth.
- Berries are rich in antioxidants and vitamins that promote hair growth. You can also take vitamins for hair fall.
- Spinach is loaded with folate, vitamins A and C, and iron, essential for hair growth. Deficiency in any of these nutrients will result in hair loss.
- Fatty fish like salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which support hair growth and density. Fatty fish is also one of the few food sources of vitamin D, which is necessary for hair growth.
- Nuts and seeds are packed with nutrients like vitamin E, B- group vitamins, zinc, and essential fatty acids necessary for hair growth and are linked to many other health benefits.
Tips for hair fall control:
- Ensure you follow a proper nourishing diet consisting of nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits, and fatty fish.
- Take care of your hair like you take care of your skin.
- Practice Yoga as Yoga helps cleanse your hair and skin.
A lack of nutrients such as vitamins A, C, D, and E, zinc, B vitamins, iron, biotin, protein, and essential fatty acids, may slow hair growth and cause hair loss. Fortunately, correcting a deficiency in any of these nutrients will help.
Also, by using home remedies, hair fall control can be achieved, and balding can be prevented. Ensure you follow a proper diet and maintain a good sleep pattern, as sleep plays a significant role in hair loss. Going for home remedies for hair fall is always better than opting for chemical hair treatments.