Soft and Supple Skin: Winter Skin care Tips for Hydrated Skin
Sep 26, 2023
One can’t deny that winter is the best season, where we love to cuddle in the warmth of our cosy beds while reading a good book with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee and listening to soft holiday music. Everything feels good and positive. Laughter and miracles are in the air. There is the spirit of the holiday season lurking around every corner. Everything feels cold and dry in the air, and so does our skin.
Have you ever noticed how our skin responds to the changing seasons? If so, you’ve likely noticed that your skin often gets dry and flaky in colder winter months. The drop in temperature and humidity levels during winter leaves our skin feeling rough, dry, and itchy, making us say bye-bye to our hydrated skin. Winter is just about the worst time of year for our skin, so winning the war against dry, dull, lifeless, flaky skin and getting our glow back is high on our priorities.
What changes are necessary to keep our skin naturally glowing, supple, and nourished when the weather gets colder? A good skin care routine for dry skin. Keeping our skin hydrated, healthy, and smooth during winter can be challenging, but fear not! Our guide on keeping your skin glowing and hydrated all winter will provide the most tried and tested advice on how to beat the winter dry skin blues to get hydrated skin back during the harsh winter days.
Winter skin care tips for soft and supple skin
- Did you know that drinking very little water can cause an imbalance of skin hydration?
- Staying hydrated right through the day is the key to maintaining your skin soft and supple.
- Inadequate water intake can have an impact on your skin as well as making it more prone to drying out.
- Less water intake causes dry patches on face and the body.
Always moisturise your dry skin in winter
- When we wash our faces or bodies, we strip the natural body oils from the skin, which might cause it to dry out.
- Updating these oils is critical since they help seal moisture into our skin.
- Especially in the winter, using a moisturiser after washing our skin is critical.
- As a gentle reminder, keeping a bottle of moisturiser at your sink will be an excellent add-on to your skin care in winter and a travel-size moisturiser when you're on the road.
Boost your natural radiance by keeping active
- Cozying in your bed under warm blankets all day can be very tempting, especially on a cold winter day.
- But by doing so, you tend to become extremely lazy, unmotivated, and inactive, causing less body care.
- Staying active during the winter gives our bodies an extra boost to raise the temperature and an adequate increase in blood circulation and pulse rate for supple skin.
Apply sunscreen 365 days
- Sunscreen is a must for every winter skin care routine.
- Do not be tempted by the shorter and colder winter days to go sunscreen-free.
- The UV radiation is still harsh even in the colder months and causes your skin to dry and get sunburned quite quickly.
- Always apply sunscreen in the morning and keep reapplying for every two hours.
Humidifier works wonders
- Humidifiers are excellent not only for our skin but for our overall health, too.
- Dry air can cause extreme problems in the human body.
- Humidifiers add moisture to the dry air, making breathing convenient and maintaining hydrated skin.
- They are great for treating flaky skin, dry nose, chapped lips, and dry lips.
- Therefore, invest in a humidifier for winter, but do not overdo it.
Hot steaming baths and showers are a no-no
- A hot steaming shower or a relaxed bath early on a winter morning or a late evening laid-back soak in a bathtub full of hot water makes you feel soothing and have a good night sleep.
- Scalding hot water can strip away your skin's natural oils faster than lukewarm water and cause skin damage.
- Take care to go easy on the scrubs and exfoliants, as they can damage your skin's moisture barrier and cause body acne.
- Use mild exfoliants for winter skin care as they don't overdo it.
- To relieve muscle tension in the body, add a few drops of the aromatic eucalyptus essential oil to your lukewarm water bath.
- Moisturise your body as soon as you are done with your shower for hydrated skin.
Warm and nourishing food for the soul and skin
- Cold and harsh winters dry the skin out and also impact the immunity system.
- To ensure supple and hydrated skin and an excellent immune system, eat lots of antioxidant-rich vegetables and fruits and healthy fats from fish, seeds, and nuts.
- Winter care for skin is never complete without a hearty bowl of piping-hot soup.
- Try taking the best biotin supplements for added protection against flaky skin.
- Indulge in fresh beetroot juice as it purifies the blood and eliminates toxins, leaving skin healthy and supple.
- Check out our Biotin gummies for soft and supple winter skin.
- Biotin-rich foods such as Legumes, nuts, seeds, and egg yolks have tremendous biotin benefits for skin.
Always remember to work on the inside as well as the outside for plump, supple, and hydrated skin. No one wants their skin to look thin and papery. So pump up the plump of your skin to glow radiance from inside to out. Winter is coming. And it is coming for our skin.