How to Boost Hair Density and Volume Naturally
Jun 19, 2023
We all want voluminous hair bouncing right to left while walking. Hair volume plays a vital role in our confidence level. That confidence that we have on a good hair day beats nothing whatsoever! A head full of thick hair makes people extremely self-confident.
Did you know that hair volume is determined by the number of hair follicles and the hair density? Are you aware that an average person has around 2,200 to 2,400 strands of hair per square inch, roughly adding up to 120,000 strands of hair on a healthy scalp? That's amazing, right? We all need to agree that the human body is astonishing. But when we are stressed and lacking in our lifestyle, we tend to lose hair drastically. An average healthy person loses around 50-150 hair strands per day. If your count exceeds that, you have messed up your system.
If you are stressed out and have lost a lot of your hair density, this blog is for you. Continue on this ride, where we learn things in a quick period:
How to increase hair density
Hair growth takes time, and it cannot be achieved in a few hours or days. It would be best if you are committed to it in order to increase your hair density.
Here are some tips and tricks to perfect hair health.
Use superior quality hair products:
- It is essential to use hair products with no parabens, preservatives, or sulphate.
- Though sulphate eliminates dirt and dust from the hair and scalp, it also strips off the scalp's natural oils.
- Hence hair products such as shampoos with the ingredient sulphate can give you a dry scalp and cause split ends.
- Try products with rice protein, Zinc, Keratin, collagen, and biotin.
- Introduce biotin as a supplement in your daily life. Biotin for hair helps promote healthy hair.
- By using biotin, hair growth is guaranteed as it helps in achieving good hair health.
Always treat your hair gently
- Nourish the scalp and hair regularly by gently combing your hair to promote blood circulation to the scalp.
- Never try to yank the comb through the knotted hair, as doing so will lead to hair breakage.
- Never scratch your hair with long nails, which will lead to abrasions and infections.
- Avoid washing your hair frequently, as it will lead to the roughness of hair and hair fall.
- Be gentle with your shampoo-conditioner routine.
Massage your scalp regularly
- Champis are for life! A hot oil champi not only nourishes your hair and scalp but also de-stresses you and soothes your body, mind, and soul.
- Champi is nothing but a head massage. It boosts blood flow throughout the head and strengthens the hair roots.
- Stronger hair means thick hair; hence hair density increases.
- A hot champi once or twice a week suffices.
A better diet, better hair care
- A healthy diet goes a long way! A better diet provides you with almost all the necessary nutrients for nourished skin and promotes healthy hair and nails.
- It is always suggestible to try hair health gummies as supplements for the nutrients that aren’t being received from food.
- Consume food rich in Biotin, Omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, zinc, and iron as they stimulate hair growth.
- Vitamin D and Vitamin C help to strengthen hair follicles.
- Maintain a diet rich in dairy, oatmeal, fruits, vegetables, lentils, and fish.
Does Shaving Increase Hair Density?
- Unfortunately, shaving does not increase hair volume or density.
- But the truth is that shorter hair tends to appear more bouncy and voluminous when compared to long hair. Hence people just assume that shaving their hair has given them hair density.
- The hair that grows after shaving is usually healthier because it hasn’t been abused with chemicals and hasn’t been exposed to the environment.
How to grow hair faster?
- Avoid frequent use of artificial dyes and styling tools such as blow dryers, curling irons, straighteners, and regular styling of hair.
- Henna, amla, shikakai, coconut oil, olive oil, and almond oil help in faster hair growth.
- Drink water like your life depends on it! Dull skin? Drink water! Stressed? Drink water! Bad hair? Drink water!
- Eat power-packed meals. Indulge in meals that consist of leafy greens, pulses, vegetables, and grains.
- Resist snacking on fries regularly and introduce fruits and nuts as everyday snacks. Try apple slices with peanut butter, and thank me later!
- Daily intake of nutrients like iron, protein, vitamins, and minerals is quite beneficial on the whole.
- Stress can cause premature ageing of skin and hair follicles. Practise meditation and exercise for at least 15 minutes while focusing on breathing.
- Boost hair growth using natural hair masks using organic ingredients that increase hair volume. Try out hair masks that can whip up in a few minutes.
At the end
Hair density indicates the health of your hair. Even though it depends on various biological factors, you can still increase hair density by changing your lifestyle and diet, and there are available different ways that you can try to increase hair volume. It can be a slow process that requires dedication and effort but is fruitful in the form of luscious and healthy hair.Also, a range of natural remedies comprising fenugreek seeds, amla, coconut oil, and aloe vera gel can help improve hair density naturally. Being mindful about selecting hair care products such as shampoos, conditioners, and hair oils can also dramatically improve hair volume up to a great extent.